Thana Sakas Bio
Thana’s coaching expertise emerged from practical experience and a diverse set of roles and challenges. Before founding Gramercy Consulting, a firm dedicated to helping leaders get better results, Thana spent several years on the executive team of a privately held direct-to-consumer retailer where she played a crucial role as internal coach and confidante to the CEO and senior team members. Previously, she partnered with senior leadership teams of Fortune 100 companies as an organizational consultant with Accenture, built an HR Consulting Practice in North America for Northgate Arinso, a global consulting firm HQ in Brussels, led the Executive Coaching and Leadership Development Practice in the Southeast for Lee Hecht Harrison and led the Company’s 3rd largest U.S. office to a record year through effective sales and P&L management. Thana holds key faculty roles in several corporate leadership development programs and is an adjunct faculty member of the J. Mack Robinson College of Business at Georgia State University.
Throughout her career, Thana has developed an acute understanding of what it takes to succeed in business and engineer change in the context of a variety of industry drivers, business imperatives and operational challenges. She is gifted in working with strong personalities and is not intimidated by an executive’s position, title or intelligence. In these situations, she has a keen ability to help the brightest stars grasp the impact their style is having on others and how it constrains them from playing at the top of their game; and in turn, coaches them through the behavioral shifts that will yield the most significant results. Recent, representative engagements include:
- Coached VP/GM of Fortune 50 Company focused on increasing his global political/relationship savvy and delivering greater results through his sales organization. Leader achieved recognition for top performing region and referred Thana to another senior executive.
- Coaching CEO of a national, mid-sized business with aggressive growth targets; recently referred to Thana as “AWESOME…If anyone ever needs an executive coach…I wholeheartedly recommend her.”
- Coaching VP/GM of an industry leading software and services company. The Chief Services Officer recently wrote, “Mark has come a very long way with your coaching. It is as if he sees all opportunities with in new light. Thank you for working with us and supporting him! You have definitely had an impact on Mark and on US!”
- Coached highly successful executive in Fortune 500 financial services organization whose promotion to next level EVP/C-Suite positions was at risk due to internal reputation issues. Her boss considers her well positioned for top level leadership roles at this time due to significant shifts he and others observed as a result of her coaching.
- Working at top levels of organizations – C-Suite/SVP/VP
- Coaching leaders to navigate and drive change in complex, highly matrixed organizations
- Coaching sales leaders and GMs with aggressive growth targets
- Coaching technically strong, task-oriented leaders to operate at a more strategic, executive level and build senior teams they rely on
Financial Services, Retail, Consumer Products, Media/Telecom, Technology and Big 5 Consulting.
Thana holds a BA in Psychology from the State University of New York. She received her Executive Coaching certification through Lee Hecht Harrison and is certified in Management Research Group’s Leader Effectiveness Analysis 360 and Strategic Directions™, The Birkman Method, and TalentSmart EQ 2.0 360 Assessment (certified EQ Trainer). She also works with a variety of other assessment tools, including: Hogan, MBTI, DiSC and StrengthsFinder 2.0.